1. Wheel pose strengthens and lengthens the vertebrae, which increases elasticity and flexibility of the spine. As we age, our spines compress (hence the reason why grandmom lost a few inches later in life). However, many yoga poses, particularly wheel, create the necessary space in the spine to keep young and healthy, and standing tall. 2. Wheel pose strengthens your arms, wrists, abdomen, legs, shoulders and chest, so expect smooth, toned muscles.
3. This pose opens up the chest and strengthens the lungs. Wheel is also instrumental in allowing increased amounts of oxygen into the rib cage. Respiration will undoubtedly improve. Studies have shown that wheel induces therapeutic effects in practitioners with asthma. Remember to breathe
deeply while holding the posture.
4. Wheel enhances the nervous system and improves hormone secretions that keep your body in optimal health. The hormonal balance that is attributed to wheel is said to aid in fertility.
5. As you stretch in wheel pose, you remove fat buildup from your oblique area. When practiced regularly, you may notice a slimming effect.
6. Urdhva Dhanurasana loosens tight hips, hence, increased hip flexibility.
7. Wheel Pose energizes you physically and mentally. Yogis believe it counteracts stress, depression and anxiety. This is due to stimulation of the thyroid and pituitary glands when engaged in the posture. You can definitely feel good about practicing wheel!
8. Wheel is a full body pose that can reduce the onset of osteoporosis.
9. Wheel pose is said to ignite all seven of the chakras
, keeping all the processes of the body in harmony with each other.
10. Wheel pose is a heart opening backbend. Heart openers are intended to cure any broken hearts from our past, while allowing ourselves new opportunity for love. Backbends require a bit of vulnerability, but you will soon be shining your heart and light to the world.
It is recommended to hold wheel pose for one to three minutes, gradually increasing the time with practice. Don’t fret if you have not incorporated wheel pose into your practice yet, as bridge pose is an earlier stage of the asana that may feel more accessible. Yoga poses
, particularly advanced poses, have extreme health benefits but also contraindications. You should perform this pose with extreme caution if you have suffered a back injury, have carpal tunnel syndrome, heart irregularities, headaches, diarrhea or high or low blood pressure.
i touched a dick once and it was the scariest thing in my life because it had a really cold head and i don’t know it wasn’t fun
sometimes the ‘i’ and ‘u’ shouldn’t be so close on the keyboard
“The best thing I’ve learned is, if you’re going out, never go out alone - you leave yourself vulnerable. If you’ve got someone else there you trust, they can say, be wary of that person. I probably used to be too trusting of people.” -Daniel Radcliffe
SO THIS GUY IN MY ENGLISH IS DOING A PROJECT FOR BIO WHERE HE GETS A DUCKLING TO IMPRINT ON HIM SO HE JUST CARRIES IT AROUND WITH HIM TO ALL OF HIS CLASSES AND I SWEAR THIS DUCK IS THE MOST WELL BEHAVED FUCKING POULTRY IVE EVER SEEN IT JUST SITS ON HIS DESK QUIETLY AND SOMETIMES HE PUTS IT IN HIS POCKET AND IT JUST SLEEPS LIKE WOW YOU GO DUCKY
You know, when you have kids and you love them and you’re proud of them you just want to kiss them on the mouth sometimes.
So at musical rehearsal we didn’t have enough guys to give each girl a dance partner so the choreographer paired me with another girl and said “you’re gonna be the man in the relationship” and I replied “I usually am”
and that’s how I came out of the closet to my theatre troupe